Anhausen (Hayingen), The county of Reutlingen
Whilst the time of the Schülzburg’s construction is unclear, it was founded by Walter of Stadion. In 1329, he bought the monastic grange in today’s Anhausen from the Salem Cistercian Monastery. In 1374, it was given to Württemberg, which pledged the castle to the Kirchberg family in 1409 and to the Speth family in 1452. The latter acquired the castle as part of their own property in 1463. The “new” Renaissance castle located right next to the Schülzburg was built in 1605 by Hans Reinhard II of Speth. On February 14, 1884, the building was destroyed by a fire and was not rebuilt. The remaining ruins got secured between 1984 and 1987, which makes the Schülzburg still worth visiting today.