Schloss Werdenberg (Schloss Trochtelfingen)
Trochtelfingen, The county of Reutlingen
Today's castle was built at the end of the 15th century by Counts Felix and Christoph of Werdenberg. After their line of inheritance had died out in 1534, Anna, daughter of the last count, married Count Frederick III of Fürstenberg. Consequently, Schloss Werdenberg along with the city of Trochtelfingen came into the possession of the Fürstenberg family and their son, Count Joachim of Fürstenberg. His descendant Count Frederick IV turned the castle into the family’s residence as well as of the Chief Advocate. From 1806 to 1850, Trochtelfingen was part of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, but was incorporated into Gammertingen in 1861. Eight years later, Schloss Werdenberg was sold to Trochtelfingen, which set up a school that still exists today and was last renovated between 2011 and 2012.