Bad Urach, The county of Reutlingen
The castle was built from 1872 to 1883 by Ernst Wilhelm Friedrich Freiherr of Hayn (1822-1896), who was Court Marshal of Württemberg’s king as well as an experienced sculptor and painter. After his death in 1899, Georg Warburg from Hamburg acquired the castle and married Lucy Kaulla, the daughter of a Jewish banking family from Stuttgart, in 1901. His wife and son, Siegmund Warburg, emigrated to London due to the Kristallnacht in November of 1938. Consequently, Schloss Uhenfels was forcibly sold to the city of Trailfingen. It was returned to the Warburg family in 1951. In 1957 Siegmund Warburg sold the property to Wilhelm Blankenfeld, another banker from Stuttgart. The entrepreneur Willi Balz acquired it in 2009. The castle was thoroughly renovated until 2016 and since 2020 Schloss Uhenfels has another new owner, which is also the reason why it cannot be visited.