Rübgarten (The municipality of Pliezhausen), The county of Reutlingen
The village Rübgarten was first mention in 1356, which makes it a larger settlement than Wildenau, where the Wildenau family lived. After their home got destroyed, they moved to Rübgarten. During the Thirty Years’ War, all males entitled to inherit had either died or were missing, which is why Maria Sophia of Wildenau continued to live there with her husband Captain Nicola d’Argent. However, the Duke of Württemberg demanded proof that Christoph of Wildenau, the last possible heir, was either dead or still alive. Without proof Nicola d’Argent would not be able to take over Schloss Rübgarten. In 1643, the Count of Candel was gifted Rübgarten, which was heavily criticized. After the death of his father, Count Carl Eberhard of Candel sold the castle to Württemberg, which gave it to the hunters of Gärtringen. Because the property was mismanaged, Levin of Kniestedt took over in order to pay off the debt. In 1705, he officially became the owner of Schloss Rübgarten. First, he had a wall built around the estate, expanded the stables and built new ones. He also had a well dug, trees and plants planted, and the dairy house set up. In 1709, he reported that he had to build the house from scratch and constructed a half-timbered castle. Nowadays, it is still privately owned.