Indelhausen (Hayingen), The county of Reutlingen
It is unknown who built the Maisenburg castle, but it must have been around the 11th century. At the beginning of the 14th century it was owned by Berthold III of Gundelfingen, who also called himself of Maisenburg. Because of debts, Berthold IX and his wife Anna gave up the Maisenburg in 1368. After 1379, the Baustetten family acquired the Maisenburg through acquisition or inheritance. In 1538 Weigand of Baustetten sold it to his father-in-law Christoph and his son Stoffel Jörg Reichlin of Meldegg. In 1733 Baron Kronthal acquired the Maisenburg, which came into the possession of the Osterberg family ten years later and then the von Speth of Schülzburg family bought it in 1759. After 1820, when the family’s descendants moved out, it developed into an agricultural estate. During the renovation of the castle from 1990 to 1992, parts of the shield wall and the so-called “Zwinger,” an additional defensive wall, were secured. In 2003 the owner of the Hofgut Maisenburg changed once more and the property is now used for events and has numerous holiday homes on site.