Undingen (The municipality of Sonnenbühl), The county of Reutlingen
The high-top castle Hohengenkingen was built in the 12th century by the noble family of Genkingen, which is mentioned in a number of documents in relation to the Zwiefalten monastery. It was destroyed in 1447.
In addition, a legend is told about the Hohengenkingen. After the death of the last family member, one of his daughters lived alone in the castle. Because the times were hard, she sold it bit by bit. Seeking for help, she suggested that the parish bring her a small loaf of bread and water every day. In return, after her death, she would give them the castle and the surrounding property. However, the village rejected her proposal, which is why she suggested the same to the village of Undingen. The people of Undingen agreed, which is the reason why the castle and the surrounding forest belong to Undingen today.