Erpfingen (The municipality of Sonnenbühl), The county of Reutlingen
The castle of Hohenerpfingen is also known as Schnatren. Very little is known about its history, but according to dated pottery finds, its installment can roughly be dated back to the second half of the 12th century. It was first mentioned in the 14th century in relation to the Lords of Salmendingen. Since 1385 it is abandoned and subsequently labelled as Burgstall, but some of its remains were restored in 1985.