Gomadingen, The county of Reutlingen
The first time local nobility was mentioned was in 1200 when a knight called Nodung of Gomadingen was named. 1250 another family member appeared, Werneheri Militis de Gummindigen. The town had probably been a part of Urach since the 11th century, because in 1100 three estates belonging to Hartrouch of Urach and situated in Gomadingen were given to Zwiefalten monastery. Gomadingen was probably transferred to Württemberg together with Urach between 1254 and 1265, which caused the local nobility to disappear. In the middle of the 14th century, the Speth family is mentioned as local nobles, as references of Henry Speth of Gomadingen in 1356 show. The family probably lived in the old Gomadinger castle, which then appears to have been inhabitable. It was abandoned towards the end of the Middle Ages and subsequently largely demolished. It is also not known when it was built and, based on a few archaeological finds, can only vaguely be traced back to the first half of the 12th century. The names Burgbrunnen and Burgstraße still bear witness to the former castle.