Wasserstetten (Gomadingen), The county of Reutlingen
In 1313, the castle of Blankenstein is mentioned for the first time. However, according to archaeological finds, it was built during the second half of the 12th century. From then on, it served as a center of an extensive aristocratic rule including the towns of Dapfen, Wasserstetten and Eglingen. To the west, the influence of the Blankensteins stretched as far as Ödenwaldstetten and Weidental. In the early 14th century, the Blankensteins came under increasing pressure from the expanding rule of Württemberg. As a result, they left and passed the castle on to Count Eberhard of Württemberg. In 1336, a certain Lord of Talheim lived there and in 1365 Konrad Glahemer, scribe to Count Eberhard of Württemberg. In 1394, it was passed on to Dietrich Speth, who, together with Dapfen, received it as a dowry and gave it away as part of a mortgage in 1442. From then on, it is no longer mentioned. The castle keep was restored in 1977, whilst the rest of the remains go largely unnoticed in the forest.