Wittlingen (Bad Urach), The county of Reutlingen
The castle was first mentioned in 1256, when, according to sources and archeological finds such as burn marks, it was besieged and entirely destroyed. From then on, it served as a shelter for highwaymen, to which the description as “Mörderschlössle,” commonly used in the 17th century, could be traced back. It is possible that the castle fell victim to the territorial policy of the Counts of Württemberg, which resulted in the gradual acquisition of the County of Urach from the middle of the 13th century onward and caused the realignment of the rulers of the Ermstal. Consequently, the Baldecks moved to Magolsheim. Some are mentioned, such as Otto of Baldeck, who in 1394 was Castellan of Lichtenstein and another, who was Lord of Asperg und Council of Count Louis of Württemberg.